Estate Planning Foundation Course
The course will be consolidated across 5 sessions remotely:
- Tuesday 14th March 2023
- Wednesday 15th March 2023
- Thursday 16th March 2023
- Friday 17th March 2023
- Tuesday 21st March 2023
9:30am to 1:00pm
This course introduces Will Writing and discusses in detail the use of Will-based Trusts. It outlines the use of Discretionary Trusts, Pilot Trusts and Asset Protection Trusts. On completion of this course you can confidently advise, explain and utilise Trusts, enabling you to provide a bespoke Estate Planning service to suit your client’s individual needs.
The course provides a practical introduction to making Lasting Powers of Attorney, identifying the parties involved. Registering Lasting Powers of Attorneys, drafting restrictions and conditions, together with avoiding errors and negligence.
Probate: The Estate Planner’s Guide to Estate Administration
20th March – 9:30AM – 1:00PM
This course has been developed to help you with everything you need to know about probate. It includes the things that can go wrong during the process and how you can help your clients benefit from IHT exemptions and reliefs you may not be aware of.
- Probate – a brief update
- What can go wrong: – Missing reliefs, – Missing allowances ,- RNRB, – Transferable nil rate bands
- What is the value of 50% of a property for probate purposes?
- Claiming the 15% deduction – did you know it even existed?
- Did you know that gifts to/for the benefit of dependent relatives can be IHT free immediately?
- Did you know that if you settle a mortgage from a life policy held in trust, the debt is no longer allowable for IHT purposes?
- And more!
Superhero Webinar No. 99: Planning options for those clients who have died with the wrong or no Estate Planning in place
24th March and 27th March
- Deed of Variation: The Last Action Hero
- Home passed into a Discretionary Trust: How to Save the RNRB and ensure your descendants can qualify – Kindergarten Cop
- Life Interest Trust on first death and worried about the RNRB taper threshold? We will show you how to solve it – The Terminator tune in for other ways to save the day posthumously – I’ll be back
Booking link for 24th March: https://countrywidegroup-co-uk.zoom.us/webinar/register/7316776008204/WN_zKvtn9-YQW2zMyOqtOQ5mw
Booking link for 27th March: https://countrywidegroup-co-uk.zoom.us/webinar/register/2016681634399/WN_hgj2lZjlR9ifeHIayeSwug
This article was submitted to be published by CTT Group as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Wills and Probate. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Wills and Probate.