Profits have risen by 28% to £5 million over the last year for Co-Op Legal Services in a year that also saw revenue rise 3% to £39 million.
Co-op Legal Services was established in 2006 with the initial goal of providing legal services to all Co-op members. Since then, the company has increased its range of services and now provides a complete range of private client legal services to both Co-op members and the general public.
The company is the largest provider of Probate and Estate administration services in England and Wales, trusted to deal with over £1.8 billion in estates annually. It is also one of the leading will writing businesses in England and Wales.
They now employ over 600 staff within their four locations: Manchester, Bristol, Stratford-upon-Avon and Sheffield.
“We managed continued growth despite facing into several challenges and exiting the small claims personal injury market, following the sale of our insurance underwriting business to Markerstudy Group.”
The company is confident of ‘fast rate’ growth in 2022. They added that the lockdown-related challenges would be “important strategic enablers” for a “fast rate” of growth in 2022.
This represents the latest milestone in what has been continued progress for the company since their 2006 establishment:
- 2006 Company founded to provide Personal Injury and Legal Advice services to Co-op members
- 2007 Introduced Wills, Probate and Conveyancing services offered to Co-op members
- 2012 Becomes first Alternative Business Structure, under 2007 Legal Services Act
- Introduced new Family Law and Employment Law services
- 2014 Established market-leading position for Probate