The Society of Will Writers is excited to announce the launch of the 2023 SWW Conference, set to take place once more at the Hilton East Midlands Airport on the 9th and 10th of October.
Last year was the SWW’s biggest and best conference to date, and this 26th running of our flagship event will have to go some ways to top it. To do that, we’re bringing together some of the brightest minds the profession has to offer, including some new faces. This year’s theme centres around more modern ways of working and ensuring best practices with talks and workshops from high-quality, relevant industry speakers, each chosen to enhance your knowledge for the good of your clients. This really is an event not to be missed!
This year’s speaker line-up includes:
- Anthony Belcher, SWW Director
- Anthony will give delegates the annual SWW conference update, including membership, training, and bigger-picture plans for the year ahead.
- Richard Orpin, Director Regulation & Policy LSB
- Richard will be returning to the conference to give delegates an update on the LSB’s projects as well as information on the wider legal sector.
- Nick Ash TEP FSWW, Will & Probate Services
- Nick will be giving a talk on governance and compliance, including some SWW PSB proposals to help will writers ensure they’re delivering for the good of their clients and avoiding complaints.
- Neil Denny, Partner Chattertons
- Neil is an expert in family law and is passionate about good client outcomes. Moving up to Day 1 from last year, his talk this year titled ‘How much?!’ will centre around pricing and helping delegates understand the importance of charging appropriately.
- Antony Brinkman FSWW PSB Chairman, The Will Writing Partnership
- Antony will return to give delegates a roundup of the SWW PSB functions and plans for the year ahead.
- Mark Abrol, Mark Terrar and Emma-Louise Green, Meridian Private Client LLP
- This talk will be based on real-world examples from Meridian’s practice covering how to minimise the risks of contentious probate by looking at the drafting mistakes which often lead there.
- Chiwi Lee and Cindy Wong, Precepts Group EPPL Asia
- Chiwi and Cindy will be joining us all the way from Singapore to deliver a workshop on succession planning for the Asian client and British ex-pats.
- Simon Dyer, Managing Director Plutus Crypto Consulting Ltd
- Simon will be running a workshop to get delegates thinking about how to deal with clients who have crypto-assets, something becoming all the more popular in today’s society.
- Mike Roberts, Managing Director Making Digital Real
- Mike is no stranger to working with the SWW and will be joining us at the conference for the first time to host a marketing workshop designed to teach delegates the secrets of going digital.
You can view the full agenda here.
In addition to the talks and workshops, this year’s event will feature for the first time ever a session for delegates to get to know the SWW Regional Chairs, who are amongst the most dedicated and supportive members of the SWW. This space on the agenda is a prime opportunity to come and find out all about what the regional groups have to offer, get to know who else is in your region and how your chair can help support you.
To further enhance the conference offering, we’re also opening the SWW Networking Hub, a dedicated space to help delegates forge new business connections and relationships. A huge part of the conference is the networking opportunities, and we’re a big believer in collaboration and being supportive of one another, although appreciate for some it can be a little hard to know where to start. The Networking Hub will be a supportive space, designed to help make introductions to key people, fellow will writers and estate planners, as well as key industry personnel and connections well-worth having.
There has been significant demand for exhibitor stands in recent years, and this year we’re bringing along more than ever before. This year’s sponsor packages were quick to be snapped up, and we’re very grateful for their support for which without, it simply would not be possible to deliver the conference on the scale that we do.
With thanks to:
- The Estate Planner’s Toolkit
- Legal Growth
- The National Will Archive
- SWW Trust Corporation
- Meridian Private Client LLP
- The Law Superstore
- Finders International
- Lime Solicitors
- Marsh Commercial
- The National Will Register
- Estate Planning Practitioners Limited
- Today’s Wills and Probate – official media partner for the 2023 SWW Conference
- Will Suite
- Capacity Vault
You can read more about our sponsors for this year, as well as the articles and information they’ve been sharing on our dedicated conference page.
We are of course once again hosting a private delegate dinner on the Monday night, with entertainment, music, and celebrations. For many the networking opportunities extend well into the evening, but for most it serves as a great opportunity to wind down and have some fun with your fellow will writers, sponsors, and industry figures.
It’s sure to be an excellent event, with bookings already exceeding expectations. A 2-day ticket with SWW Member discount costs just £260, granting access to the talks and workshops at the conference, including refreshments and lunches. Accommodation is available to book directly through us, as is the delegate’s dinner with a private bar and entertainment on Monday night if desired. Rooms and dinner places are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment!
For full details, including detailed agenda, booking form, terms and conditions and sponsor information and news, please see our dedicated conference page by clicking here.
We look forward to seeing you at the Hilton in October!
This article was submitted to be published by The Society of Willwriters as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Wills and Probate. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Wills and Probate.