Entries for The British Wills and Probate Awards 2022 have opened today as excitement starts to build toward the event on 20th October 2022. This year’s event will see headline sponsor Executor Solutions return in a new guise as the re-branded Property Solutions Group.
Launched in 2018 to recognise the work of businesses and practitioners up and down the country in the Wills and Probate sector, the awards are now in their fifth year. 2022 sees the ceremony return to the suitably named “Grand Hotel” in Birmingham on 20th October.
Following the success of The British Wills and Probate Awards 2021, which saw an audience of c.800 people coming together in-person and online to celebrate, the awards will again be hybrid with an in-person ceremony alongside the live stream available through the awards’ website.
Alongside some well-established favourites, 2022 sees the introduction of a range of new categories designed to capture changing work environments, new technologies and innovation, and industry collaboration.
New categories include recognising excellence and best practice in charity and probate collaboration and celebrating the work being done to improve employee experience and customer experience as the sector continues to get to grips with the challenges of working in the “new normal”.
The full list of categories is below, or CLICK HERE to visit www.britishwillsandprobateawards.co.uk
2022 will see the return of The Today’s Wills and Probate Industry Champion, a category nominated and voted for by the industry. 2021 crowned inaugural winner Michael Culver after an extensive nominations process. Nominations this year will open in July.
Discussing the return of the awards, Managing Director at Today’s Media, publishers of Today’s Wills and Probate, David Opie said:
“After the successful return of the in-person ceremony last year, 2022 promises to be even bigger and better.
The grandeur of the venue really typifies what The British Wills and Probate Awards is all about and we look forward to celebrating with our friends and supporters from around the industry.”
On returning as headline sponsor, Group Managing Director of Property Solutions Group Barry Mattock commented:
“We are delighted to be returning as the headline sponsor of the Oscars of the Wills and Probate industry!
We cannot wait to celebrate with you all again and shine a spotlight on so many incredible individuals and firms across the sector.”
A new judging system has been adopted to make the entry and submissions process easier and early bird entry (firms can enter up to 3x categories) is now available at a rate of £129.00 +VAT, available until Friday 24th June 2022.
See highlights of the 2021 ceremony below:
British Wills and Probate Awards 2022 Categories
- Best Contentious Wills & Probate Team
- Probate Provider of the Year (Regional) – North & Midlands
- Probate Provider of the Year (Regional) – South
- Charity Legacy Probate Collaboration of the Year
- Best Use of Technology
- Best Use of Marketing & Social Media
- Community & Charity Champions
- Innovation & Transformation of the Year
- Solicitor Firm of the Year (National)
- Solicitor Firm of the Year (Regional) – North
- Solicitor Firm of the Year (Regional) – Midlands
- Solicitor Firm of the Year (Regional) – South
- Probate Research Firm of the Year
- Private Client Team of the Year
- Court of Protection Team of the Year
- Young Practitioner of the Year
- Will Writing Sole Practitioner of the Year
- Will Writing Firm of the Year (Regional) – North & Midlands
- Will Writing Firm of the Year (Regional) – South
- Will Writing Firm of the Year (National)
- The Today’s Wills & Probate Industry Champion
- *NEW* Estate Planning Consultant of the Year
- *NEW* Legal Supplier of the Year
- *NEW* Outstanding Employee Experience
- *NEW* Customer Service Champion