The British Wills and Probate Awards, sponsored by Executor Solutions returns on the 21st October 2021. The ceremony will be presented as a hybrid event; with an in-person afternoon awards ceremony simultaneously live streamed via the British Wills and Probate Awards website, followed by the Champagne Reception, sponsored by Exizent and an evening dinner at the appropriately named Grand Hotel in Birmingham.
With a handful of new categories this year, the awards promises to be even bigger and better than ever before. The shortlist showcases the best the wills and probate industry has to offer in one of the most challenging years it has ever faced. Revealing this year’s shortlisted firms, Michael Edwards, Group Business Director at Headline Sponsor Executor Solutions says
“It only seems like yesterday we were celebrating last year’s winners, so it’s hard to believe the shortlist is already being announced! A huge congratulations from all of us at Executor Solutions on making the shortlist which given the calibre on entrants, is an achievement in itself.”
This year sees the introduction of a voted-for-the-industry award… The Today’s Wills and Probate Industry Champion, sponsored by Arken.legal. The Industry Champion shortlist was drawn from a list of individuals nominated by the industry and draws together people who have
- made an exceptional and inspiring contribution to the industry amidst unprecedented challenges over the last 12 months
- produced something extraordinary that supports the industry
- continually put their clients interests at the forefront of what they do
- excelled at dealing with the transition to a remote working environment
- overcome challenges with minimal disruption to the outcome of their work
The final shortlist of nominations are
- Michael Culver; Partner, Bolt Burdon and Chair of Solicitors for the Elderly (SfE)
- Jade Gani; Head of Wills and Probate, Aston Bond and Regional Director (Berkshire) Solicitors for the Elderly (SfE)
- Ian Bond; Head of Wills & Estates, Thursfields and member of the Law Society Private Client Section
- Holly Chantler; Head of the Private Client team, Morrisons Solicitors
Voting has been open since 27th August and closes on Monday 27th September at Midnight. You can vote for your Industry Champion on The British Wills and Probate Awards website here: https://www.britishwillsandprobateawards.co.uk/industry-champion-award/
Tickets for the in-person ceremony are selling quickly; if you would like to join us at our black-tie event at The Grand in Birmingham you can now purchase your tickets priced at £230 +VAT per person. As space is limited, and in order to ensure we offer as wide an opportunity to attend as possible, we’ve made the difficult decision to limit the number of tickets to 3 per organisation. CLICK HERE to book your tickets today.
Precautions have been taken to ensure that the event is as “COVID-19 secure” as possible with those unable to attend or are not yet ready to meet in large groups, able to watch the live stream via The British Wills and Probate Awards website. CLICK HERE to register to watch the British Wills and Probate Awards 2021.
Looking ahead to the ceremony on 21st October, David Opie, Managing Director at Today’s Media, the publishers of Today’s Wills and Probate and organisers of the awards said
“I am so grateful for all the support we have received in pulling this event together and we’re really looking forward being able to meet once again in person in October.”